Senior SW Engineer (C/C++/C#), Emberion Oy
Emberion is a leading-edge deep technology company that has brought its first high-performance infrared camera products to the market. We are now looking for an experienced embedded SW expert to strengthen our international team.
Emberion designs and produces high-performance infrared sensors and cameras based on nanomaterials and in-house designed CMOS integrated circuits. Our first products are designed for visible light to shortwave infrared imaging (VIS-SWIR) and deployed, e.g., in machine vision and demanding surveillance applications. The first product on the market is a VIS-SWIR camera that incorporates our novel VGA array and provides excellent performance for a competitive price. The key performance differentiator of the product is the wide spectral range from 400 to 2000 nm captured with a single imaging array.
Emberion also works on other products, including midwave infrared (MWIR) and wide spectral range sensor technologies. Our background is at Nokia Technologies and we spun-off as an independent SME in 2016. Today we employ over 30 people in two locations: Espoo, Finland and Cambridge, UK. We also closely collaborate with both major industrial companies and top-notch research organizations.
About the role
As an integral part of our R&D team, Senior SW Engineer will be responsible for development of full range of camera software for GigE vision / CameraLink based cameras. You will design, develop and test camera graphical user interface (PC software), application-level SW and/or embedded SW. The work consists of specification of functionality, development, testing and debugging of the full camera SW. You will participate also in development of calibration routines, SW/HW partitioning and optimization of algorithms, system design and FPGA design. The new key role in our R&D is directly related to software of our key products.
- Expert role working independently as a key member of Emberion’s R&D team
- Developing core functionality of our camera products
- Building direct value on Emberion’s camera products and software offering
- Participating in definition of the product roadmap
- Supporting production calibration and testing development
- The role is based in Espoo, Finland.
- Strong knowledge and experience of C/C++ and/or C#
- Experience of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience of measurement systems and sensors
- Experience of working with camera software, interfaces and algorithms
- Experience of development of SDKs and APIs
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in relevant area, e.g., electrical or SW engineering
- Good communication and interaction skills
- Fluent communication in English, both verbal and written
- The position requires an existing EU work permit
Apply here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2873145773