Senior HW Engineer, Emberion Oy (Position Open)
Emberion is a leading-edge deep technology company that is about to bring its first high-performance infrared camera products to the market. We are now looking for an experienced embedded SW expert to strengthen our international team.
Emberion develops and produces revolutionary photo and thermal detectors and imagers for night vision and machine vision, spectroscopy and hyperspectral imaging applications. Our nanomaterials and electronics design know-how create a unique differentiation for our products.
Our primary products are cameras and image sensors for visible to shortwave infrared (VIS-SWIR) imaging. In addition, Emberion works actively on other products, including MWIR and wide spectral range imaging technologies.
Our sites are located in Cambridge, UK, and Espoo, Finland with 27 world-leading experts. The team has years-long experience in both product creation and applied research. We collaborate closely with key local research organizations at both locations and are also a member of the European Graphene Flagship program. Founded in 2016, Emberion is a spin-out from Nokia’s R&D based on venture funding and spin-out expertise from Verso Ventures. It is co-founded with Emberion employees.
About the role
As an integral part of our R&D team, Senior HW Engineer will be responsible for the development of full range of camera and test system HW from analog and mixed signal to high-speed digital electronics and mechanical solutions. The work consists of specification of functionality, development, testing and debugging of the camera and test system hardware.
- Expert role working independently as a key member of Emberion’s R&D team
- Developing core hardware of our camera products
- Building direct value on Emberion’s camera products
- Participating in the definition of the product roadmap
- Supporting production calibration and testing development
- The role is based in Espoo, Finland.
- Few years’ experience of HW development
- Experience of schematic and layout design with PADS and/or Altium
- Experience of measurement systems and sensors
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in relevant area, e.g., electrical or SW engineering
- Good communication and interaction skills
- Fluent communication in English, both verbal and written
- Experience in FW/FPGA development is seen as a benefit
- Experience in mechanics development is seen as a benefit
EU work permit required