Emberion is a leading-edge deep technology company that is about to bring its first high-performance infrared camera products to the market. We are now looking for an experienced Finance Director to strengthen our international team.
Emberion develops and produces revolutionary photo and thermal detectors and imagers for night vision and machine vision, spectroscopy and hyperspectral imaging applications. Our nanomaterials and electronics design know-how create a unique differentiation for our products.
Emberion’s products combine high performance with very competitive cost level and thus enable new application areas for infrared imaging and sensing. Our passion is to take imaging and sensing to a new level.
Emberion produces high-performance optoelectronic detectors by integrating graphene and other nanomaterials with in-house designed CMOS integrated circuits. We collaborate closely with leading industrial players and utilize also existing processes for our R&D and production.
Our sites are located in Cambridge, UK, and Espoo, Finland with 27 world-leading experts. The team has years-long experience in both product creation and applied research. We collaborate closely with key local research organizations at both locations and are also a member of the European Graphene Flagship program.
Founded in 2016, Emberion is a spin-out from Nokia’s R&D based on venture funding and spin-out expertise from Verso Ventures. It is co-founded with Emberion employees.
About the role
As an integral part of our team, the new position of Finance Director will be responsible for strategic financial planning, building out strong finance and accounting practices, and being a core stakeholder in developing the company’s long-term strategy. You will have ownership over capital funding, finance and control and will serve as a partner to the CEO in setting proper goals as we grow our business. You have operating experience working in a high-growth marketplace and start up environment and previous experience in finance and capital raising.
- Work collaboratively with leadership team to assess and model short-term and long-term growth plans, operational goals, departmental budgets and forecasts
- Improve internal controls, accounting standards, enhance processes and reporting capabilities, including forecasting to ensure rapid growth and expansion
- Develop, maintain and ensure delivery against KPIs, business plans, financial models and budgets
- Drive functional teams to achieve significant business growth while capturing cost efficiencies and implement cost management processes
- Collaborate with operations to build hiring plans, forecast salary/commission/bonus compensation, assist with payroll activities and architect employee stock options
- Support in inventory management and managing of the supply chain as well as the impacts the financial health of the balance sheet
- Lead Emberion’s financing efforts and ensure the business maintains an optimized capital structure. Lead future fundraising rounds with the CEO, while building strong relationships with current and prospective investors
- Serve as the leadership liaison to Emberion’s Board of Directors; effectively communicate and present critical financial and strategic matters at meetings
- Convey a strong organizational leadership presence that represents the Emberion culture
- The role is based in Espoo, Finland.
- Experience in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Operations
- Experience managing a P&L for a high-growth start-up company
- Experience in managing P&L for a company in multiple countries and currencies
- Experience supporting or leading fundraising efforts, including managing relationships with current and future investors
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, lead and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong people person, highly effective communicator, both written and verbal
For questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please mention the job title in the email’s subject field. Please send your application through LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2008122866